Sunday, January 13, 2008

Penang, Malaysia


View Larger Map

Upon our arrival in Penang, Malaysia, we settled into our hotel, the Bayview Beach Resort, and took an afternoon tour of the island. I’ve included a map to help you visualize our location during our stay in Penang. We stopped at the Tropical Spice Garden, a local Batik fabric enterprise, the Penang Butterfly Farm, and Penang Hill all in one afternoon! The last stop at Penang Hill was a perfect finish to the day. We rode a cable train up a steep slope to the 2,000 ft. summit for several breathtaking views as the sun set. You will find several photographs of these locations in another slideshow below.






Barnabas, Bob, Dan, Jackie, Matt Q., Yoko

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well! I missed hearing about your activities. It makes me feel as if I am on the trip with all of you. I love the photos!

What was the long gray, flat to the ground animal in the Singapore slide show? It was really cool and I couldn't wait to find out until you all got back!

Tell Wirda "Hi!" for me. I feel as if I know her from the neat things I've heard about her! Signing off with love to all!

Bainuo said...

The long, gray animal was a Malaysian monitor lizard. It is related to the komodo dragon but is smaller and is not poisonous if it bites (though the bacteria in its mouth would still cause a nasty reaction).

Next time we blog, we will be in Kuala Lumpur!